Sunday, March 18, 2007

From Sweet Shoppe's Blog To Mine

Another Blog "Challenge" on the 16th of March...Bit Late but here I go.
I'm from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I have lived here all my life. My Mom was born here but my Dad is from "Newfoundland" {born 20 days be4 NL confederated to Canada so still a British Isle}.

I use to LOVE LOVE LOVE living in Toronto, but not now. Over the last 10 years or so I have watched my city start to fall in my opinion. There are still WAY cool places to see, musicals/plays to watch, but to me not the same feel.
I went searching online to find some photos that I thought would "represent" my city with how I use to see it. Also the 3 places I have and still would enjoy going to...=P
HarborFront: The view is gorgeous with the CN Tower in the background (another place I go).
Here is where we go to grab the ferry to the Island for a kids amusement park and a day of FUN! Its huge....There's a beach there and on the right side of the island is where I remember going for "family day" picnic's with the Toronto Ambulance when I was younger {mom daycare'd and we went with the family}.

There are actual families living on the island and commute into the city daily. In the photo is a Water Taxi.
***


Down town Toronto. I picked this view for the building in the distance {brown one}. We still have some pretty "funky" looking structures here that are really amazing to see.
***


Casma Loma: What is better then having your own castle right in the middle of the city. Cama Loma is another FAV and top of my list for a day trip. The history inside, beautiful landscape, the rooms, the information you receive and hear while there {on a tour}. I love it here and is one of the places Kai and I are going to this summer with a few friends.




2 comments:

Amy said...

Awesome sites! One day I hope to get up to Canada for a visit. Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

My ILs were born and raised in NFLD and my DH was born in Grand Falls but raised here in NS.

That last picture of the castle looks really nice! I've never been past NB so I hope to go somewhere someday! LOL